Chairman and Music
Mr. Abu-Ghazaleh’s passion for music is well known. He once mentioned in a 1994 interview that when he visits a city for the first time, one of the first things he does is check if there are any opera houses in it. He considers music a main part of life, the part that gives life its sweet taste.
Satisfying his artistic instinct while simultaneously promoting music and allowing others to enjoy it, Mr. Abu-Ghazaleh has participated in the organization of many musical events. These include concerts in Jordan, England and Austria.
In the opening speech at the Felsenreitschule Concert in Salzburg, which was sponsored by Abu-Ghazaleh Intellectual Property, he stated: "Arabs take pride in their contribution to the science and art of music, as indeed to other arts and sciences. Al-Munajjim, Al-Farabi, and Al-Kindi, to mention only a few, invented musical instruments, and contributed to the definition of melodic modes, to the science of sound and intervals, to the notation and determination of pitch, and to systematic notation, as early as the nineteenth century. In the 11th, 12th and 13th centuries, Arab and Western musical cultures interacted. I hope this event is yet another step in that direction."
- Patron, The Second Modernity: The Artistic Collaboration of Fairuz and Ziad Rahbani Conference, Anis Makdisi Program in Literature, American University in Beirut (AUB), Lebanon (2006).
- Patron, Walid Gholmieh Symphonies (2006).
- Private Concert by Ramzi Yassa & Ghada Ghanem Concert, UK (August 2004).
- Patron, L’Association pour le Rayonnement de l’Opéra national de Paris (AROP) (since 2004).
- Board of Trustees and Chair, National Music Conservatory (NMC), the Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan (2003-2005).
- Patron, Lebanese National Symphony Orchestra (LNSO) (since 2003).
- Patron, l’Opéra de Paris (since 2001).
- Private concert by the Mozarteum Orchestra of Salzburg, Austria (July 22nd, 2000).
- 28th General Assembly for the International Music Council-Petra, the Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan (1999).
- TAGO Golden Jubilee concert, UK (July 1997).
- Private concert by Ramzi Yassa- Seattle, USA (May 1994).
- Patron, Freunde der Salzburger Festspâele (since 1976).